I’ve been out in my garden all day, and I probably will be doing so for most of the week this week, given that I am leaving town again on Friday. When I come in, I am absolutely wiped from the hours of back-breaking labor. I really do want to keep up with the blogging, though, so I decided to write down a list of random thoughts.
- I may have discovered yet another food allergy – corn. That would really suck, given the prevalence of high-fructose corn syrup. I need to experiment more.
- The kittens are steadily growing, mostly uneventfully. That’s a nice change of pace.
- Mommy cat came along a little bit in her socializing because I took away her privacy. I removed the doors to the cabinets because she would hide inside when I visited her. I then had to remove the drawers because she chose to hide in them when her doors went missing. She still needs work. I have got to get a video of her howling at me – it’s funny and sad all at once.
- I can’t believe how much work goes into getting relatively little done in my garden. It gives me a whole new respect for professional gardeners and farmers.
- I finally got really motivated to work on the christening gown. I don’t think I’ve cast on anything new since I last made a list of my yarn projects. I may narrow that list down yet!
- The doctor has me taking 1/2 tsp. of Celtic sea salt twice a day in the hopes of preventing leg cramps. Drinking salt water wasn’t working for me, so I bought the vegetable capsules you find in health food stores and stuffed it in there. Much better.
I’m sure there’s more, but I haven’t the energy. I’m looking forward to dinner, then an early bed time. Maybe I’ll get the motivation to tweak my DnD character before I go to sleep, but I’m not going to count on it.