I may not have kittens yet, but since Carisa came to visit I have gotten some yarn craft accomplished. I think it’s time for a list of my WIPs (the links are all Ravelry links):
- Blaine’s Blanket – should be done by Memorial Day
- Vicki’s Baby Blanket – not for the Vickie pictured in my blog, but one who lives in San Francisco still
- Earl Grey – I have no idea why I picked it back up when I have other things with a deadline, but I did
- The Soy Cardi – I had a stressful day and cast on something new. Just a swatch at the moment – and not the right gauge
- Clapotis – It’s hibernating, but it’s in progress. I sometimes pick it up and add one row or maybe just a pattern repeat. Weird.
- Secret Clapotis – I haven’t cast it on yet, but I may have swatched (I’m actually not sure). The recipient is a secret.
- Cat Couch – a gift for the cats, but I can’t get gauge no matter what I do. Hmm…
- Colorado Gloves – I haven’t picked these up since the damage to my left wrist. Maybe I’ll get motivated near the end of the fall.
- Crochet Guild project. This is due in July or I’ve lost the fee I paid for the master’s certification. As soon as Blaine’s blanket is done, I have to do this. It isn’t hard, I just haven’t been inspired to do it.
I think I have a disease – I wanted to stay below 6 projects and now I’m at 9. It has to be the “forbidden fruit” nature of the whole thing. This really is a serious flaw in my character. I have a pill that I have to take 2 hours after eating and 1 hour before my next meal. It’s 3 hours, so it shouldn’t be a big deal, right? If I take the pill before bed, but after dinner, I end up staying up late because I get hungry before it’s even been 2 hours since my previous meal. I wait the 3 hours and then eat ravenously. I studied Biology in college because it was the hardest subject for me in school. I’m not good with rote memorization – I’m more of an “applied-knowledge” kind of learner. I think I just like to prove that I can do the things that I or someone else tries to tell me I can’t do. You think I learned my limits when I attempted the tiling? No way, I fully intend to try again with the guest bathroom. I want to master it. So maybe the defiant thing isn’t bad all the time, just when limits are involved. To quote Elphaba from Wicked : “I’m through accepting limits, ’cause someone says they’re so.”
I believe that sometime in the next 3 days I will finish at least 1 project. Will it be
one of the Earl Greys or
Do I want to knit or crochet? Stay tuned for the answer! (And let’s hope I don’t cast on anything else in the meantime)
Edit: update – I totally found something else to make. There was this pineapple bag pattern (free, no less) that was just uploaded to Ravelry. I mean, doesn’t this just scream “Hawai’i trip”? I told you it was a disease.