Ravelympics has started and I am getting busy. For my (yarn) crafty friends who have not yet heard of Ravelry, just check it out. I think that there is still a waiting list to get it, but it isn’t all that long – maybe 2 days or so. My user name is TicklesLordChaos. The first thing you’ll notice is that dude, I have a lot of yarn. What’s worse – what I’ve listed is only a fraction of what I own. The Ravelympics projects I have registered are listed on the site as well.
In an attempt to reduce my number of WIPs, I joined the WIP wrestling event. I registered 5 of my projects:
- Donald’s Kilt hose. At this point, I’ll settle for one sock that fits. The other will go quickly when I don’t have to do any designing.
- Romantic Cardigan. I started it in October, and I really want to be able to wear it, but I just needed a timeline in which to finish it.
- Jen’s socks. I am so close. I just need to finish the foot of sock #2 and we are in business.
- Tunisian Crochet cat bed. It’s a small project, and I can totally do that in a few hours if I just sit down with it. It’s going to be kitten sized, and I do have several small kittens who might like it.
- Cat and Mouse Afghan. Dude, all I have to do is sew the panels together and add the border.
The idea was to set a goal bigger than you think you can achieve in the 17 days of the Olympics. With all the other stuff I have going on, I think this may be only just a little more than I can complete – I can take a bronze medal. Or who knows, maybe I can go for the gold?
It’s a good thing that I don’t have to do anything athletic in the traditional sense for this event. I went to see a massage therapist this morning. I have found that it has actual medical benefits for me given some of my endocrine diseases. Well, when we finished our session, the therapist said she wanted to talk to me. My calves are in pretty bad shape (and I’m sure the spinning isn’t helping). The therapist said that she thought I might actually want to consider some physical therapy for what is happening in my calves. They have been rock-hard for about a week now, and it just doesn’t show any signs of letting up. It’s really sad because it makes dancing rather hard for me. Sigh.